Welcome to Manderson’s Dance Centre owned and operated by Justyn & Amanda Manderson. We are centrally located in Rockhampton servicing the Central Queensland region including Yeppoon.
Our goal is for people to learn to dance in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The most difficult step for someone coming to their first dance lesson or class is generally the first step through the door. Dancing is a great form of exercise not only for the body but also the mind as it keeps the brain active. Learning to dance improves self-confidence, posture, rhythm, balance, co-ordination, general fitness and strength. It is an international language, a skill that will travel with you for life and a fantastic way to meet other people.
Everyone can Learn To Dance, even if you think you have two left feet you just need to be shown what to do with them. Manderson’s Dance Centre offers group social classes and private tuition for the social beginner or Dancesport competitor. Participants can learn solely for the social enjoyment of dance, to do medal examinations as a personal achievement or to compete and be the next World Dancesport Champion. We even cater for weddings, school formals or perhaps a special event like a cruise. Children as young as four through to active seniors can learn how to dance.
Dance styles we teach:
- Ballroom includes dances like Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot and Quickstep
- Latin and American including Cha Cha Cha, Samba, Jive and Merengue
- New Vogue/Old Time includes Gypsy Tap, Barclay Blues and Alpha Waltz
- Zumba® Fitness Classes
In 1994 Justyn and Amanda established Manderson’s Dance Centre and moved to our current centre on the corner of East & Derby streets in 1999. As a professional competitive couple we competed overseas and throughout Australia making all major Australian finals in Professional Ballroom and New Vogue.
Our list of achievements/qualifications includes:
- Undefeated Queensland Professional Ballroom Champions and Australian Rising Star Ballroom Champions.
- Finalists in all major Australian Dancesport competitions.
- Queensland Professional representatives for Ballroom and New Vogue at the Australasian Championships.
- International finalists in Singapore and New Zealand.
- Coached Australian and Queensland Champions in Ballroom, Latin and American, and New Vogue in various age groups and levels.
- Justyn and Amanda are both registered coaches and adjudicators with Dancesport Australia. Members of FATD, QADS and ADS.
- ZUMBA® Fitness lnstructors
Justyn and Amanda are both passionate about all forms of dance. Amanda has an 8 year background in Ballet, Tap and Jazz prior to her Dancesport career. She started Dancesport 21 years ago and has been teaching for 16 years. Justyn started dancing 26 years ago and has been teaching for 18 years.
Give us a call to find out more about lessons and classes; we can’t wait to meet you.